SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, June 25, 2012

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup Review & Swatches!

Hi My Loves!!

I promised a full review of the new Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup that I picked up. I feel like with foundation reviews sometimes I miss certain points when I film a video, as I get carried away blabbing, so it's a lot more informative to just do a blog post for the review and then just show you in a video the application so you can see the coverage etc....

WATCH THE APPLICATION VIDEO HERE:







This is me wearing this foundation with Flash. It doesn't cause a white cast :) This was not taken at night though so I can't say if you were out at a club and it's dark if you will end up looking like Casper??? But I'm pretty sure you will be ok :)



Onto the review :)

This foundation claims to wear up to 24 hours with a buildable to full coverage. The bouncy, whipped formula feels ultra light and silky smooth. It's Talc Free and Paraben Free (cool beans)....

Here's what I think:


Packaging:
I am very impressed with the look of the packaging. It's very "Chanel" like. Looks classy and chic. As far as function goes, it is a bit bulky and heavy. It's also glass, so maybe not the best for travel? But if you are like me and it stays in my makeup desk and that's it.... then cool beans, your fine and dandy! It does look like you get a lot more product from the outside, than you really get... so that's a bit sneaky haha!

Coverage: 
I would say medium to full coverage. I think if you applied this with your fingers, you could get a medium coverage. I apply mine with the Sigma F80 and I get a fuller coverage using that. It covers mostly everything you need to cover without looking cakey. I feel like it's not the fullest coverage foundation I've tried as I don't feel completely flawless but for most people I think it would be plenty.

Finish: 
It's a natural matte finish. It's not like wow you look really matte, but it's definitely not dewy or glowy. It's a nice finish for sure. You can feel it on the skin when you touch your face, I wouldn't say it's a foundation that feels like you are wearing nothing to the touch but it doesn't feel like you are wearing foundation on your face as far as just the feeling of it on the skin. Does that make sense?? I hope so.

Texture: 
The consistency is very interesting. It's like a creamy moussy whip or something... it's so hard to describe. You expect it to be super creamy when you touch it but then it's more like a thick whipped cream. I don't know, I can't describe it. It's kind of like cool whip but creamier.

Application: 
This foundation is a dream to apply. It apply's so easily, blends flawlessly, doesn't dry ridiculously quickly like the regular ColorStay. This is a great foundation for people who are not the best with blending, as you really can't mess it up. It's dummy proof ;) I apply it with the Sigma F80 for full coverage. However I think you could apply this with your fingers, or the beauty blender and it would still look fabulous. You do need a little more than I expected though, to cover everything. I wouldn't say a little goes a long way.

Wrinkle Friendliness:
This isn't great for wrinkles, but it's not bad either. It's in between. I noticed my wrinkles a tiny bit more than when I wear my Lioele Triple The Solution mixed with Mac Studio Fix Fluid but it's not like it instantly plonks right into them. 

Lasting Power: 
AMAZING!!! It claims it's 24 hour lasting power. I would say that they are definitely on the ball park for the amount of time it lasts. I apply it in the morning, it lasts ALLLLLL day long... looking the exact same as when I applied it. I feel like this would be a great foundation for anyone who needs their makeup to last all day, looking fab. The only thing I would say, is that if you are oily it may get a bit dewy looking towards the end of the day. So maybe set it or bring a powder along to touch up? I didn't have to though, as I'm dry.

Color: 
I think there were about 6 shades at my local CVS. I honestly can't remember. I bought the color 200 Sand Beige. It's a pretty good match for the most part. I feel like it would be a little better if it had a tad more yellow undertone to it. It's a tad pink for me but it still blends out fine. I felt like a lot of the colors were on the pinky side. It's also really difficult to tell the color, with the packaging. I held up a bunch comparing them and they all kind of looked the same, so that may be a little difficult for some people.

Photo Friendly:
As far as I know it doesn't have SPF in it. I did take a picture with flash and it didn't seem to give me the white cast, so that's good. I would say you are safe to use this for photography.

Easy to Remove?
Easy to remove. It's not like the Revlon Colorstay where I feel like you need a thousand wipes for it to budge.... this comes off with one wipe and a good face wash :)

SPF: None

Scent: 
Not the most luscious. It just smells like foundation to me. A bit chemically.

Price: 
I paid $13.97 at CVS.... at Target it's $11.99

Who's it best for?
I would recommend this foundation to normal, normal to dry, combination, combination/oily but not super oily and not super dry. I feel like because it has the more matte finish, on dry skin it may pick up and show your dry areas a bit more than you would like. For oily skin it may get a bit too dewy towards the end of the day but if you set it with a powder you might be ok. It's hard for me to say as I'm not oily. I'm normal/dry. People who want a medium to full coverage foundation, that lasts ALL day long without the super expensive price of a department store makeup, will love this.

Would I repurchase? 
I don't think I would. Although I think it's a great foundation for the price and I do like a lot of the aspects of it, it's still not as nice on my skin as my current foundation routine (Lioele Triple The Solution BB Cream mixed with Mac Studio Fix Fluid NC30). Looking back at pictures of me wearing this vs my normal stuff, I think my skin looks better and more flawless with the mixture. I feel like this still shows my pigmentation problem areas more and the color isn't exactly perfect for me, as it has the pinkier undertone to it. However, if I hadn't found my current foundation mixture, I would probably re purchase this, as it is really nice. I would give it a 7.5 on a scale of 1-10. That's pretty good, as I am quite picky.

Thanks so much for reading!

Happy Tuesday!

Sam

x
xxx