SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, June 17, 2012

FATHER'S DAY DINNER RECIPE!


Hi My Loves!!!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!! 
I hope all of the Daddy's out there have an amazing day and are super duper spoiled! Daddy's work hard too :)

I thought since the way to a man's heart is through his stomach (or at least they say haha)..... I would post a recipe for you guys, incase you need an inspiration dinner idea for the man in your life, whether it's your own Daddy or the Father of your little ones :)

Jay being Italian and me just loving carbs (haha), we love a good pasta dish.... and Jay LOVES sausages... so here's a good one if your guy is the same!

I made this a few nights ago for dinner and I wasn't actually planning on blogging it, as I've never made it before but it turned out so good that I had to share!



It's basically a pasta dish with sausage, bell peppers, asparagus & sun dried tomato pesto. The flavors all worked so well together and it was sooooo delicious! I don't like sausages so I just picked the sausages out of mine... but it still had a nice flavor by cooking them in there. So if you like sausages or your partner likes sausages, they will love this dish!!

This is the Sun Dried Tomato Pesto that I used. SO GOOD! You can find it at Walfart :)


These are the sausages I used. We got them at Sam's Club.




Here's what I used:

1lb Penne Pasta
3 Cavanaugh Pineapple & Bacon Smoked Sausage cut down the middle and into 1/2 circles.
1 big handful of asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Red Bell Pepper diced
1 Yellow Bell Pepper diced
1 White Onion
Olive Oil ( I never measure, I just add as I go)
1 -2 cups of water ( again I don't measure, I added it after I added the sausage)
1 Jar Classico Sun Dried Tomato Pesto

STEP 1: Boil Water in 2 Pots. One for the pasta, one for the asparagus.

STEP 2: Dice onions, bell peppers and chop asparagus. Add onions and bell peppers to a pan with olive oil on medium high heat.
Set aside asparagus.

STEP 3: Cook onions & bell peppers on medium high heat, stirring occasionally while you cut up your sausages :) Keep cooking until onions are translucent and bell peppers are a little softer.

STEP 4: Add sausage to pan and add some water as well to the pan. Cook on medium high for about 10 minutes stirring a lot. Haha.. how professional!

STEP 5: Add asparagus to boiling water and boil for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.

STEP 6: Once the sausages look like they are cooked, add the sun dried tomato pesto to the pan. Add a little more water ( you will be able to tell if it gets too thick) and stir. Turn the heat to low, stirring occasionally.  Then put a lid on the pan and simmer for about 10- 15 minutes. I find that the longer you let it simmer/sit for, the yummier it is. I actually turned mine off and let it sit for a good half hour, so it just depends on when you are ready to eat it. (Add your pasta very last, obviously you don't want to let your pasta sit for that long)

STEP 7: Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente. About 10-12 minutes.

STEP 8: Add asparagus to sausage, peppers etc and stir.

STEP 9: Drain pasta and add to sausage misture. Give it a good mixeroo (stir haha) and you have yourself a delightful meal :)

Here's what it looks like all done: YUM!


Jay absolutely loved this dish. He said it was one of his favorites PLUS.... it is amazing the next day for leftovers too. This will definitely be made again in our home :)

Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you do decide to make it for the man in your life, how they liked it! 

Thanks for reading!

Sam

xxxx