SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+ Matifying Foundation #40 Natural Beige First Impressions!

Hi My Loves!!!

I recently picked up a sample of the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation in #40. I've heard good things about it so I figured I'd give it a try. 

This is a picture of me wearing it right after I did my makeup with flash in our hall which is quite dark. It photographs really nicely with no white cast.


This is me after wearing it most of the day. As you can see I do look quite oily. This is natural light, no flash.



(Photo Source: Sephora)


                                                       Here's what the foundation claims:


What it is:
A shine controlling, oil-free, water-resistant, complete coverage liquid foundation.

What it is formulated to:
Hides imperfections, evens out skintone, and mattifies with a non-oily, perfectly powdered finish. The result is flawless and lasts for hours.

What else you need to know:
Although this foundation provides full coverage, the end result is completely adjustable to fit your needs—a little goes a long way.

Here's what I think of it:

It's a medium to full coverage covering everything that I needed covered. It looks beautiful on the skin. Not cakey at all. It makes you look flawless but still with that skin look. It photagraphs nicely with flash and is looks nice outside too. 

When you first apply it and for the first 4-5 hours it's amazing! I set mine with the CoverFx powder and it looked so nice. I did however get really oily after about 4 hours of wearing it as you can see in the picture of me outside. That really surprised me as it's supposed to be for oily skin?? It was crazy oily on my T Zone, so that was the only disappointment with this foundation. Everything else I loved about it. It blends easily, great coverage, perfect color match and looks super nice on the skin as well as in photographs. 

I would say this is perfect for people with normal, combination and oily (but only for a few hours). If you have a special event or date etc that you know will only be for a few hours and it will be in a dark or low lit place and picture will be taken.... WEAR IT! You won't be disappointed. However, if you do tend to get oily and you want something that will control that oil ALLLLLL day with no shine, then I would pass.

All in all I really like this foundation. I would recommend it and I would definitely purchase the full size specifically for night time events.

Hope that's helped!

Thanks so much for reading :)