SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

January 2013 Glossybox!

Hi My Loves!!!

I got January's Glossybox which is called The Man Repeller. This is my first Glossybox ever so I was really excited to see what was inside ;) It came in very cute packaging so I had a great first impression right off the bat. Inside was a silver box (very sturdy) with The Man Repeller written on it. I must say they really put a lot of attention to detail into the packaging and I think that shows a lot about a company. After all, girls like things to look nice ;)



These are a monthly subscription... you pay $21 a month (free shipping) and each month you get new product samples to try out. FUN!!! 
Get yours here:

Before I go on to show you what was in it and what I think about each products.... I have to say I was really impressed with this. I don't know if each month is as good as this one but if it is cool beans because I feel like for $21 the products I got were a decent size and then the full size lipstick is fab! I think it would be close to that price alone just for the lipstick. I'm very excited about it :)






How cute is the packaging??? I was just so excited opening it. I felt so snazzy :)






So here's all the products lined up. Full size OPI nail polish and Tarte lipstick and then sample size of perfume and serum and I would say the mascara and mattifying serum are travel size. Pretty good amount of things :)


First thing I want to talk about is the Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance 12 hours Lipstick in Fierce (retails for $26.00)
This lipstick is a super bright red, super pigmented, a slight undertone of orange. It feels really nice to apply and stays really well throughout the day. The finish isn't too glossy either. It has a nice sheen but doens't feel like it's going to slide all over the place. I would beware if you have a tad yellowish teeth as this shade could make them appear a little more yellow but I feel like it is a definite wearable red and I really love it. The packing is cute but a tad big and bulky for carrying around if you use a small clutch but luckily it fits just fine in my big old diaper bag :)






It transfers ALOT!!!! Haha! Had to do the kiss test with Jay and I think he might have ended up with more than I had on my lips :) How do you like it?



Next is the Sebastian Potion 9 Wearable Styling Treatment. 1.7 oz. I haven't had a chance to use this in my hair yet but I did test out the scent and consistency of it. It smells so delicious!! LOVE THE SMELL!!! The consistency is like a thick serum, it's not too sticky, feels nice and slippery and I'm feeling like it's really going to be nice in the hair to use before blow drying. I can't wait to try. I'll let you know how I like it.



Next is the Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara. I feel like this is a good every day mascara. You can apply to coats of it rather quickly, it gives decent lashes without being too clumpy and it doesn't have any fall out throughout the day. I feel like it gave me more length over volume. I wouldn't use it for a real dramatic eyelash kind of day though as it doens't make them look WOW!!! For me it's ok. Perfect for when I'm just wearing minimal makeup and I don't want to spend a lot of time on my lashes.




I've worn this all week and just reapplied it tonight for these pictures. It's the OPI Liquid Sand "Can't Let Go" nail polish. This stuff is strange! It's a great purple color with the texture of sand, with big chunks of glitter in it. Now I did have a chance to wear it all week and see how it lasted. I would say the durability of it is a little tougher thank regular polish. Because it is so thick it almost gives your nails a shellac or fake nail type look. It's easy to apply and very pretty. It does take a little bit of getting used to though. It feels very rough to touch and you don't use a top coat with it so if you like the feeling of a shiny, smooth nail polish... this won't be for you. It does catch and snag on diapers and hair, so keep that in mind Mom's!! Haha!! It has a matte finish and I wish it had a glossy finish. I'm just really all about gloss and shine. I've never really been a matte kind of person but that's just me.


Here it is with one coat.


2 coats, no top coat. You can see how chunky it is. Very pretty but I can't say I love it. It looks cool but I don't really like the feel of it. I feel like I just have sand all over my nails and I want to wash it off.


The next thing is a sample of day lotion. I haven't tried it yet so I have no idea what it's like.


Narciso..... my long lost love. This is actually one of my all time favorite perfumes. I used to have it a while ago and ran out and never bought any more. It's amazing. A very strong scent... spicy, rather sophisticated. I feel like this isn't a scent that everybody loves. It's almost like a love it or hate it type perfume. I for one happen to LOVE it. It just makes me feel powerful and sexy when I wear it. LOVE!


I didn't try this out for a whole day but I did just test it out on my face to see what it felt like. It feels a bit tacky at first when you apply it but soon dried to a matte finish. Absorbs very quickly and feels great to wear. The scent is on the more natural side. Nothing too strong. I currently don't really have an oil problem so I can't say if it works but I'll save it just incase my hormones go wacky and decide to revert back to being oily like it was before I had babies :)



Ok there you have it, my back is officially killing me... I feel like quasi modo (spelling) and I'm tired so off to bed for me!!! 

Get Your GLOSSYBOX subscription!

See you in the morning with a new video all about bangs!!!