SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, April 15, 2013

Lily's 7 Month Update!


Hi My Loves!!!

It's that time again for a Lily update! Lily's 7 Month Update to be precise! I just can't believe that it's already been 7 months since I gave birth to her!!! They say time flies when you are having fun and we must be having a WHOLE LOTTA' FUN because it's just cruising by! Here is Lily in her cute tights and Minnie Mouse dress :) What a little cute she is! Can't forget my handsome little man! He loves his hippo shirt :)


 No new measurements this month.

Lily is mostly wearing 9 month clothing now. There are some brands that she can wear 6-9 months still so it really just depends on the brand. For diapers we are still using Pampers and can use a size 2 or 3. I haven't noticed a difference in either one really.

As far as development goes, she's doing really well. Here's what she can do:
❤ Roll over from front to back and back to front
❤ Sits without support
❤ Grab things and hold onto toys
❤ Follows things with her eyes 
❤ She can spot us from a good distance (her little face lights up when she sees Phoenix running towards her)
❤ She now will get upset if she sees me walk away from her
❤ Knows Mommy, Daddy & Phoenix
❤ Responds to noises & faces
❤ Babbles, squeals... she's quite the singer
❤ Says Mama over and over
❤ Big belly laughs (mainly at her funny brother)
❤ Kicks when she's on tummy time and scooches around into a full circle
❤ Grabs her toes and pulls them up towards her chest when she's on her back.
❤ Tries to grab things out of my hand (food, water bottles, phone etc)
❤ Jumps really well in her bouncer (she loves that thing)
❤ Reaches for toys above her and pulls on them

That's all I can think of at the moment.

 ❤ EATING 
Lily is doing so well with eating. That girl can eat!!!  I'm making everything with our Baby Bullet and I'm just loving it and so is she. I'm still on the schedule of trying a new food for at least 2-3 days before trying another one. That way I can track how she reacts to it.

Here's a list of the things she has tried:
 ❤ Rice Cereal
 ❤ Banana
 ❤ Pear
 ❤ Sweet Potato
 ❤ Avocado
 ❤ Peas
 ❤ Apples

She doesn't particularly care for peas as you may have been able to tell in our vlog the other day:
WATCH IT HERE:

Everything else she has really enjoyed. She usually eats 1 to 1 1/2 baby bullet servings. Once in the morning and another one at dinner time. Occasionally I will give her a banana in a mesh feeder at lunch time, so that she's not left out while Phoenix and I are eating. I mixed her peas with pears the other night and she liked it a little more but she knew they were still in there haha!! Smart little cookie! I have noticed that the peas gave her more gas than usual though. She is still breastfeeding really well. 

❤ SLEEPING ❤
Her sleeping has been a little different the last week or so. I'm not sure if it's because she's been eating more solids or maybe she is having a growth spurt but she has been waking up more frequently in the night to nurse. Up until now she was a really great sleeper so that's slightly different than her 6 month update. She usually takes one nap a day when Phoenix goes down for his in the afternoon. If we are out and about though she sleeps in her carseat. Sometimes if she's super tired she will take a nap at home in the mid morning but for the most part just the one longer one in the afternoon. I think she has also been dreaming because I've noticed she will make little wimpers like she is sort of crying but not and then she will make a sad face or smile etc... it's rather cute to watch :) She is still in our room in her bassinet/pack and play and I must admit I like it that way. She's close to me and it works for us. I'm actually dreading putting her in her own room. I'm just not ready for her to be away from me at night haha!! Like I said before I'm planning on moving her into her own room at 9 months, so a couple of months unless things change.

❤ TEETH ❤
No teeth yet although I have noticed a lot more drooling this month as wel as a lot of fingers and toys in the mouth, so I think we can expect to see one soon :) I don't feel anything or see anything but I'm sure one day it will just peek through. I can't say she has been fussier though so she's not having any pain so that's good.

I'm just so amazed at how good she is. She's been such a breeze to transition to solids. She pretty much eats anything I give her and even when she's not too fond of it, she still eats it haha! She's so happy and loves to play and watch Phoenix. She's so alert and really enjoys being sang and read to. She still loves to look at books and is really trying to grab for everything that Phoenix is playing with :) Her bouncer is her best friend. SHe loves that thing, she just bounces and jumps like crazy in there!! Overall she is doing so well and growing so fast. I'm wondering if next months update I will be saying she's crawling and has teeth?? We shall see!!

And if Mommy and Baby things float your boat then make sure you go and subscribe to my Mommy Channel!!! It's geared more towards us Mama's :) http://www.youtube.com/user/samschuerman

Here is my latest video of Phoenix when he was 12 months old!!! So cute!


Thanks for reading!