SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April Glossybox 2013!

Hi My Loves!!!

I'm back with another Glossybox Review. Here's what I got in April's box :)

Get Yours Here:

Same pale pink box like always :)





I was super excited when I opened it and had a whiff. It smelled amazing! That soap made the entire box smell like summer :)


Here's everything I got.


Elite Models Liquid Liner (Full Size $15.00)


This is a nice flat dark chocolate brown. The applicator is like a felt tip. No brush. It is nice and thin so you can get really close to the lash line and a nice precise, thin line. It's a tad stiffer than I like but it's fairly easy to use. I didn't notice any transfer when rubbing it on my hand but I haven't had a chance to wear it all day yet. I will keep you updated on the longevity of it on the eye :)




Sebastian Professional Shaper Fierce Ultra Firm Finishing Hairspray (Full Size $17.00)
I haven't had a chance to try this yet but I can say I was impressed with the Sebastian product I got in last months box. This doesn't smell overly bad or good. Just kind of regular hairspray scent. 



Model Co Cheek & Lips Tint (Full Size $24.00)
I was excited when I saw this product because I have used a few Model Co things in the past and have been very impressed. This has a nice formula. It's not stick or tacky to apply. It blends easily and goes on almost like water. I love that it leaves a very subtle pinch of color. Some tints can be so bright that they are just not wearable. I feel like this one is something that can be worn easily. As far as lasting power goes, I haven't had a chance to test it out for more than an hour but I will definitely give it a go and let you know! 


You can see how it just gives a tiny tint of color. I like that :)


Prestiche Indie Dreaming Lemongrass Soap with Olive Oil (Full Size $16.99)
This soap smells amazing. The whole box and everything in it, smelled like it when I opened it. The soap itself didn't last very long. Jay and I both used it for about a week and it's almost gone. It gets quite soft once you keep it in the shower (to be fair though I probably let the water run on it a bit too much).... It leaves you feeling squeaky clean which you guys know I'm not fond of. It did smell amazing though and lathered decently but it's not something I would rush out and buy. I just don't like feeling squeaky clean. It didn't dry my skin out though, so that's good.



It also came with a $40 Gift Certificate. I was very excited thinking I could get a few things. Turns out this line is on the pricey side and most things were close or over $40. I chose an oil that was $ 30+. I figured the left over amount that I hadn't spent would cover shipping. Turns out shipping was extra (that's annoying)... I was expecting to be able to put the amount left over towards the shipping and I couldn't, so I ended up not getting anything at all as the shipping was $12. Does that make me cheap? Maybe.... but I'd rather spend the extra $12 on something I really want :) So that was a tad annoying. I feel like if you are going to have a gift voucher, let me put it towards the shipping to. 


Koh Gen Do Cosmetics Oriental Plants Emollient Cream (Full Size $123.00)
I can not justify $123.00 for a cream however this cream does feel absolutely amazing at first touch. It's creamy, smooth and glides onto the skin like butter. I can't say of the long term benefits as it's only a small sample and I haven't used it more than once but when I did put it on my skin, it instantly felt soooo soft and glowy. This might not be good for someone with oily skin though as it is quite thick and could tend to be a tad greasy throughout the day (I'm guessing).... The website claims that it gives you Vitality, Luminosity and Hydration. At first application I would agree with that. You can see in the pictures above how luminous my skin looks. You don't need much of this cream, a little spreads all over the face. I will keep you updated on how I like it. 



So there you go. My thoughts on all the goodies I got in my box this month. Overall I was happy with the things I got. I just wish that gift certificate would have included the shipping. I'm excited for the tint! Hope this helps :)

Have you signed up for GLOSSYBOX and what did you think of your box this month?

Happy Tuesday!