SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, March 17, 2014

Hard Work Pays Off....

Hi My Loves!!!

Today was a very exciting day for me. I had a package delivered to my door. I opened it and to my delight it was the You Tube Silver Play Button. I was so excited!!! It will be 5 years that I have been making You Tube videos this November. I never thought all those years ago, that I would be here writing this blog with this plaque from You Tube. I am so honored. The opportunities that I have been given all from me putting up my first Playboy Makeup Tutorial in 2009, have been such a blessing and I am so thankful to all of you, who have made this possible. Not only am I able to do something that I love everyday, I'm able to stay at home with my babies and watch them grow. It's a dream come true for me. I truly appreciate each and everyone of you who have supported me throughout these years. For everyone who has clicked that SUBSCRIBE button (and if you haven't, you are more than welcome to haha)... this is all because of you! THANK YOU! I feel so special and lucky and honored that I have over 160,000 people that have taken time out of their busy lives to watch me blab :)




It's amazing how one little moment in your life, can change your future drastically. Something I would have never thought of doing myself has now turned into something that is a huge part of my life. It all started when I was at work at the hair salon and my client asked what my hobby was. I had no reply. I stood there. Finally I answered something along the lines of, "I go to work and go home and hang out with my husband." While hanging out with your husband is awesome, I felt like a loser because I didn't have an actual hobby. Nothing that I was super passionate about, or that I was so excited to do when I had free time. 

I told Jay when I got home about the question that made me stand there with nothing to say. He told me I should make You Tube videos like the girl Kandee Johnson, who I used to watch. I laughed. There was no way I would make You Tube videos. I had crooked teeth, I didn't want people making fun of me even more than I had my whole school life. It took me months of Jay persuading me to just put one video up. I was so nervous. Who would want to watch me? Jay told me to just film it and put it up and then if I didn't like it, I could always delete it. 

I remember sitting there on my Mac Book with the little camera built in to the laptop sitting on the floor in my living room. I figured I would at least try, so I filmed a Playboy makeup tutorial. I was obsessed with Pamela Anderson's makeup back then and Girls Next Door was my favorite show. It took 3 separate videos for me to upload it because back then if you weren't a partner you couldn't have a video longer than 10 minutes. Jay did all of the uploading for me, I had no clue what I was doing. He taught me to use the camera, edit, export etc. I was clueless. I didn't even know how to connect to the internet haha! I remember checking back and seeing 1 view, then 2 views, then 3, 4, 5. I was so excited that people were watching me. I didn't realize they were my own views haha!! But eventually I got 20, then 50 and then 100 and it kept growing and I couldn't believe that people were watching my video and telling me that they likes it. It was really cool. Fast forward years later and I still love to hear all of your sweet comments. It makes what I do rewarding. To know that I help you feel better about yourself, or made you smile, cheered you up in a bad time or just taught you something about makeup.... that is what makes this so amazing. 

So again, THANK YOU! Thank you for watching, commenting, subscribing, liking, sharing.... supporting me in all that I do ;) I love you all! You have made my life, something I could have never dreamed of :) I am so blessed and lucky to have such a happy life ;) 

We all have our dark moments in life but just remember, life gives to you what you put in. If you put in negative thoughts, negativity will be given right back to you. If you focus on what you want to be and where you want your life to be and happiness and positivity, that's what you will get. It might be tiny little steps or glimpses of happiness but hey, we all have to start somewhere right? 
 Don't forget...... Hard work pays off ;) 

Ok, that's my blabbing for the night. Thank you again!

Thanks for reading & watching.