SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, May 10, 2013

Covergirl + Olay Concealer Balm Review


Hi My Loves!!!

Today I will be doing a review of the new Covergirl + Olay Concealer Balm. The color I picked up is Fair and I paid $7.99 for it at Target.

The packaging reminds me of an old school concealer like the one my Mom used to use when I was young. It's just in a "lipstick" form.








When you first apply it under the eyes it's really nice. Has good coverage, a nice consistency. It's thick and creamy and blends out easily. The color was perfect for me and I was really impressed. I applied the rest of my makeup and I noticed once I was all done that I already had some creasing under my eyes. It had already started settling into my fine lines.... this is where it goes down hill.

A few hours later I walked my a mirror and glanced at it and oh nuts was it a horrible sight. Where the concealer was applied, it was all splotchy and oily. It had no coverage any more and the concealer had basically just separated completely. It looked so bad!!! It was also majorly set into every little line under my eyes. NOT GOOD AT ALL :(

I would not recommend this concealer at all. I don't think it's really any good for any one. If you have lines, it will settle into them. If you are oily it will break apart and not last throughout the day.... it basically just does everything that you don't want a concealer to do which is such a shame because at first it looked so nice and was so nice to apply. This was a major dissapointment for me. 

I say save your money and spend it on the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Under Eye Concealer.... I still haven't found one to beat that yet.

Hope this helps :)