SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, July 3, 2014

I LOVE Baby Showers!

Hi My Loves!

This week I went to one of my best friends baby shower for her first child. I met her when I was 7 and we've been friends ever since. She's helped me get through some tough times in my life and been there for all the good times too. She was one of my bridesmaids at my wedding and she met Phoenix when he was still a tiny little guy :) I'm so thankful for her friendship over the years, so when she told me that her baby shower was at the end of June, I made sure that week was free so we could take the drive to come for it. What a beautiful and fun baby shower it was. I'm so glad I was able to go!

I'm going to share a few pictures that I took from the baby shower to give you or anyone who is planning one any ideas ;) Hope you enjoy!


What's a baby shower without presents?? My favorite gift bags to buy are baby shower bags. I love them. They are so cute and sweet and I have every single bag that I ever received from presents for our kids :) 

Below is one of the gifts I gave her. I'm that person who plans on getting really awesome wrapping paper but then forgets in the midst of packing and driving 15 hours and then finds that the box has been squished from being packed in a mini van full of cases and baby shower gifts haha! Your welcome Kal, for that beautiful display :) 
(Mine is the Lamaze Baby Gym that is squished and not wrapped, incase you couldn't tell haha)


I also brought this delightful moses basket filled with all sorts of necessities. Diapers, wipes, nursing cover, cart cover, toys, bedtime story, carseat cover and much more....


My other friend made this super cute pom poms for decor around the house. She said she looked on Pinterest for the idea incase you are wondering how to make them :)


CUPCAKES!! These had jam over the frosting... omg yes!


Someone brought her a diaper cake (a cake shape full of diapers instead of cake) topped with a bear. Love this idea! So cute and I love how the bear ties in to Tahoe so well. It fits perfectly with her backyard of trees ;)


There were a lot of hostesses for this baby shower. I thought that was a really good idea rather than just relying on one person to pull off the whole shower. Each hostess brought a food dish and everything was so delicious!! Salads with peas, almonds and strawberries, homemade mac n cheese, gluten free pasta, macaroni tuna salad, amazing guacamole and so much more. I ate way too much and it was all so delicious. There was also these cheesecake type crumble that was the best thing I've ever eaten. I will try to get the recipe for you!


One of the gifts that she got was this genius baby tent. This is perfect for the beach to keep the baby cool and sheltered from the sun or if they need to take a snooze :) Such a good idea! The girl said she just found it online.


Here's a lovely picture of our little group of amazing friends. A few of them couldn't make it but these girls made my childhood and teenage years so great and full of girly fun. I am so blessed to still be able to go back to Tahoe, after years of not seeing them and still pick up where we left off, like we see each other daily. That's what true friends can do. It's a beautiful thing. To be able to share the most important life stages with them is something I can't put into words how wonderful it feels. I love these girls like sisters and hope to have a picture just like this when we are in our 80's, but without the pregnant belly haha!!!



I won the hula hoop contest which was so surprising seeing as I've never done more than 2! I got 36! I think it was my skirt haha!


OOTD:








 I Love You Kal!! I can't wait to see you blossom into the amazing Mom I know you will be. Caring, loving, encouraging and patient. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this special time in your life. I wish nothing but the best for you and the little angel you have waiting to be welcomed into your loving arms. Good luck and if you ever need anything, I'm only a call away :)

Hope you all have a lovely week!

Thanks so much for reading/watching :)