SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Apple & Raspberry Crumble Recipe

Hi My Loves!!

Long time.. no blog. Sorry about that. I have been such a blog slacker lately. I'm finding it hard to find the time to edit the vlogs, my videos, emails, reply to you guys and try to get some sleep as well :) So I do apologize for the slacking on here but today I have a recipe for you that I tried today and I thought I would jot it down incase I forget :)

I took a few different recipes and kind of threw them into what I already knew from my Nanny. If you follow our vlogs then you know I attempted to make her apple crumble last week and it was a fail. I am determined to get it down. I will make a delicious apple crumble dang nabbit! :)

Today's turned out really nice. I did add a dash of nutmeg, which after tasting I wish I wouldn't have because I don't actually like nutmeg. While it was a very subtle taste, I could still taste it and didn't really care for that. Other than that, it was so delicious and the crust was absolutely perfect!!!

I hope you enjoy!! Please share a picture or tweet me how you liked it, if you decide to make it too!



WHAT I USED:
Filling:
3 ~ Peeled and Cored Granny Smith Apples (they were quite big)
2 handfuls of raspberries
1 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
A Sprinkle of Nutmeg
A Sprinkle of Cinnamon
1/4 cup Water
1 tsp sugar (for the top of the fruit mix at the end)

*** I wouldn't use the nutmeg when I make it again, I didn't really care for the taste ***

Crumble:
1 cup Flour
1/2 cup Imperial Butter (room temperature)
1/2 Granulated Sugar
1 tsp sugar (for the top of the crumble at the end)

Preheat oven to 425 F

First I peeled the apples and slice them into thinner slices. They don't need to be like a regular apple slice. Just random slices. Then I put them all into a pan with the water and sugar and stirred it up. Sprinkle just a little bit of cinnamon and nutmeg over the top and then stir together. Put them on medium heat and cover. Keep checking back and stirring every few minutes. I let them sit on medium for about 10 minutes and then went to medium low for another 10, still stirring occasionally.

For the crumble I put the flour in a bowl. Cut the butter into a few chunks and then started crumbling the two together with my fingers. Add the sugar and continue to crumble with your fingers until it's a nice crumble.

Once the apples feel soft but not mushy, put them into a glass 8 x 8 baking dish making sure it's not too much water. I ended up putting whatever was in the pan into the dish. It was just enough water that it had turned into a syrup and I poured it over the top. I then added the raspberries and mixed them into the apples. Sprinkle a spoonful of sugar over the top of the apples and raspberries evenly and then add the crumble. Spread it out over the apple mix and then follow with another spoonful of sugar over the top of the crumble.

Bake in oven for 25 minutes.

Let it cool and pour some heavy whipping cream or ice cream on top and enjoy.

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy :)

Sam
xx