SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush FIrst Impressions & Swatches!

Hi My Loves!!!

I recently got a Glossybox with a gift card promotional code for $25 to Bergdorf Goodman. I've never actually purchased anything from them before and I was very excited when I saw that they sold Hourglass. I have heard so many amazing things about the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush. It's $35, so with my promotional card for $25 and the free shipping, I only had to pay $10 out of my money for this blush. I decided to go with the Diffused Heat. It has a dark coral pink with swirls of a champagne creamy color throughout.

The packaging is gorgeous. Gold and mirror like, it just looks expensive. I really like the way it looks and it's super light. It does get fingerprints all over it so it doesn't stay looking amazing forever but it's still very posh :)



I did have a slight problem once I opened it up though. Mine had been swatched. It looked like a brush had just been lightly drug through it. Not really what you want to see when you open a brand new blush. I called Bergdorf Goodman and explained that it had been swatched and how I purchased it with the code and $10 of my own money. They told me to return it I would only get my $10 back and not the $25 promotional gift code. BUMMER! So rather than losing my blush and my $25, I figured I would spray it with alcohol to get ride of possible germs and just keep it. It's still beautiful and as soon as I swatch it, it's used anyway. I'm just a little disappointed in the customer service of Bergdorf Goodman. Oh well....

Anyway, let's get on with my first impression. This blush is GORGEOUS! The two swirls of color go together so beautifully once swatched and applied. It's silky, glides on so well, pigmented and so fine. It has the perfect amount of shimmer but because it's so fine, it ends up looking like more a glow to the skin rather than a shimmery blush. It's so worth the high price, in my opinion. I can't wait to try more colors.


You can see once it's swatched how it just lights up with a glow. The color is a beautiful summery pink and the highlight mixed in with it really just looks like sunlight peeking through the skin. It's so heavenly! I love it.



Once swatched with your finger, it looks like this. As soon as you use a brush though, it looks like it did before the swatch.


Here it is on my bare skin. You can see the pink, glowy flush it gives my skin. So pretty.


I love how it catches the light right on the cheekbone. This might easily become my new favorite blush. It's just so pretty. I can't wait to try it out once I have my full face on. This was just quickly put on at 11:30 at night, so it doesn't quite show off the blush as well as it could but I was so excited to try it, I figured I would just do a first impressions blog post :)


Have you tried any of these blushes/powders? What are your thoughts and which shades are your favorites? I'd love to know :)

Thanks for reading!

Sam
xx